Leonhart Summer Open afterglow/feedback

Tournament announcements + Results + Match Reports
Oatsey

Leonhart Summer Open afterglow/feedback

Post by Oatsey » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi all,

just thought I would start this off although obviously I am slightly biased.

So I would like to thank Five Bar Foosball and the venue for listening to the feedback from last time and making the changes to the formats and schedule. having the music (although mases music is not to everyone taste LOL and we still need to improve the speaker system /mike balance a bit) and the only complaint about the air con was could we turn it down as it was too cold ! etc etc.

I would also like to thank all those Uk and Foreign players who came and supported the event as this venue is great for UK foosball and I would like to keep it and if possible get sponsorship etc idc.

So for me I really enjoyed the event especially my rare victory over Boris in Senior singles and somehow beating Alex zalental 5 -0 in the open super cup singles leg!

Great to see Tich and Bruce again and the return of Mike Cohen!

I am sure both Five bar and the venue will continue to listen to feedback and try to improve the tournament experience further as they develop things further over time.

Bullshark

Re: Leonhart Summer Open afterglow/feedback

Post by Bullshark » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi All

Thankyou first to Fivebar guys, Chris and Mase, Alex for putting on a brillant event at an awesome venue one of the best I been too.
It was great to see everyone again, Rob, Norm, Mike, JT, Dave O, Brucie, Tich, Eddie, Alex, Sarah, Jodie, etc and all the guys and girls from overseas. A very friendly atmosphere, that what makes a great tourney.
Thank you to Will for putting up with me and my well terrible play those balls need a lot of getting used to as the table. Watching Robbie drink in the final then win two nil. Playing first Niele then Bash twice his snake was so fast. Been beating by Dave O doing five bar hacks ha ha.
Only down point was not enough am and nov where are all the UK players I know your out there.
All in all ten out of ten I will try and make the next one in Winter.

Mike C

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:55 pm

PaulM

Post by PaulM » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:44 pm

But where are the results?

Christopher Lyall
BFA Regional Rep - South West

Post by Christopher Lyall » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:01 pm

PaulM wrote:But where are the results?
Hi Paul - results, thanks yous, feedback, and all of the rest will go up tomorrow night. I'd have liked to have done it tonight, but unfortunately I've only just finished sorting through all of the live streaming footage.

Apologies for the delay!

Chris
www.fivebar.co.uk - Foosball Tournaments, Leagues, Shop

Brian Harms

Post by Brian Harms » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi Paul,
It's quite exciting watching the videos, especially the finals, without knowing the results.
Brian H

Chris Lee Myers

Post by Chris Lee Myers » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:28 pm

also from my side, big thanks again to all organizers of the event.
it was my first "official" tournament, and I had a very good time.

will see you again not later than at the winter open.

tomika888

Post by tomika888 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:45 am

I just would like to say big thank you as well for the organizers, it was a great tournament in a great atmosphere. Lots of very good players around the world and very competitive characters. I have never played leonhart before but officially this is my new favorite! :)
I'm looking forward to the event in October! :D

Oatsey

Post by Oatsey » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:38 pm

Just realised I had not made the photo album public so here it is again. Hopefully anyone can see it now.

https://www.facebook.com/david.oates.58 ... 690&type=3

Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:36 am

Hi all
Again another great torny at a the best venue (Capital Venue) we have ever had, I would
like to thank all the staff at Capital Venue for making us all very welcome and looking after us, food was top (egg chips un beans top)I would also like to thank all at 5 Bar, Chris on the desk you did a great job and Mase on the mic & sorting out the prize funds,I would also like to thank 5 Bar for the gift bag, great idea.

Hi's, waking up in the morning.
Egg chips and beans at lunch time.
Capital Venue.
The Tables.
Meeting all the players.
Oatsy for getting the whole thing rolling ( Played Dave, top gun)

Lows.Forgetting ITSF rules when playing Jet and the 2 goal rule.
Not collecting my cash prize in SD

Thanks again. Eddie

willhawkes
BFA General Secretary

Post by willhawkes » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:34 pm

For me this was an outstanding tournament, I had a brilliant time and I think the execution of the event was excellent, many thanks to the guys at Five Bar and to Capital Venue for having us. I really really hope we can continue to make something of this - get the message out to the UK (and world) foosball community that there is a brilliant "product" here. So:

HIGHS
- Playing Miguel DSL in OS, even though I lost I was very happy to score a few goals including a blistering hack, a pull kick and a backpin! In fact I scored one against Chris Marks in OSC too, to which he said "that was made illegal in about 1986". He didn't mean it.
- 3rd place in DYP with Basje, phenomenal player, great snake, great 5 bar and we only just missed out on the final and all.
- Beating Jose O & Zsofia in OD in a game which called upon the ITSF rules to the full - they forfeited the first game because he was 30 minutes late; we lost the second 5-0, won the third, and in the fourth had a long discussion about the ball which ended up in a ref being called.
- Most of the 2BRB games were brilliant fun.
- Winning a clutch match vs Darren Warr in OS
- Bruce's pin-to-pull kick monsterous shot
- Doing a bit of coaching for the newer players, let's hope they come back!
- Final of OS was fun.
- Eddie's joke about not having a Ferrari cracked me up.

LOWS
- Fire alarm on Sunday morning

Now let's go and find more novices and amateurs!

Boris
BFA Treasurer

Post by Boris » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Well run tournament, raising the bar for the UK in a good way.

Highs - Senior Doubles - after losing in the first round to Dubuisson & Ueberbach we were up against it all the way, particularly in the return match in the losers final which went to the final ball. Then double-dipping Zee and Eddie in the final - Jet was ecstatic!
Meeting friends, especially the Thai meal with Tich, Bruce and Pinday

Lows
OS - Played badly and lost in 3.
SS - Dave O played a great game in the WB, Zee re-discovered his scoring touch in the LB, 3 and out again
OD - Got drawn against two Dutch teams who outplayed us, 3 and out again.
Fire Alarm early on Sunday Morning
Mase's taste in music :P

The balls did seem much improved in terms of shape, but were a bit too heavy for the table - why can no-one seem to get them just right?

Kingy

Post by Kingy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Hi all, I only attended saturdays events, but here's mine.

High's.
Balls were a lot better than the one's used last time.
Having music was better than having none!
Partnering Christopher Lehmeier in AD was great, his pin shooting from his 2 bar was awesome!
In the OSC beating 2 Semi-pros in my singles games (while I am still an Amateur). In OS 1st round game I lost 3-1 to Mark Dost, happy to win a game against the eventual runner-up, before he had warmed up!! :)
Partnering Emily knox in 2ball was probably the most enjoyable and my best event, won 2 of our group games, then won the 1st KO game, was in the last 8! Really good fun!

Lows.
In our 2ball last 8 game we were 7-2 up against the 2 Dutch guys only to go and lose 9-7! Was gutted! Should have won!
In OS lost 2-1 to Tom Willets after a very close game, but his greater experience done me!!!

Over all a great day! :) Thanks to all you guys that make these tournaments happen! :)

ybbun

Post by ybbun » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:44 am

Great tournament! Thanks to Five Bar for putting on a really good event.

Highlights:
- Pleased to finish 5th in OS and 4th in OD which made me the 2nd best British player in each behind Rob (with Twilletts in OD obv). The pushkick is so much more consistent on Leonhart than Garlando (I think because of the smaller 3-bar spacing), and I/we also didn't have to play as many British players as usual... Thanks Tom for partnering me.
- Having all the board games out was a nice touch. Fox and Hounds is the best 1-minute game ever.
- Losing the OS winner's semifinal to Mark Dost 8-7 in the final game was gutting; I had also been 2 games up with 5 match balls and several shots on the 3 to win. Good game though, well played.
- Mase's taste in music was... interesting.
- The speedfoos match against Matty Warr in OS, on the BFA facebook page.

Mase

Post by Mase » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi All,

Just to clear something up, certainly was not my taste in music. With a tech issue we were restricted to a few CDs, these were contributed by a few people. Clyall, DWarr, ASholveton and myself. There was also a random one on the side.

This issue has already been fixed and it will be my taste in music next time. You are in for a treat!

Regards,

Mase

robmoss2k

Post by robmoss2k » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Mase wrote:This issue has already been fixed and it will be my taste in music next time. You are in for a treat!
Oh ****